SWEETENED OAT MILK COFFEE CREAMER
PREP: 10 minutes (plus soaking time)
YIELD: Approximately 1 cup
- 1 cup Oat Milk Base
- 2 -3 Dates (Medjool, pitted and coarsely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Plant-Based Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla or Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender or Vitamix until the consistency is emulsified.
- Strain through a chinois, fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. *The addition of the plant-based butter helps to emulsify the creamer and
also prevent curdling when added to the coffee. Not heating the coffee to boiling also helps, as will (only slightly) heating the oat milk. Do not bring oat milk to a boil.
Note: Use a hand-held immersion blender and a tall, narrow mixing container to make this creamer, particularly for small amounts.